Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cherry Blossom Festival

Hello everyone.
It's been a long time since I last updated, and I apologize for that. My laptop broke down for a couple months, and I just got it fixed not too long ago. Also I was busy with work and to be honest quite lazy when it comes to editing photos (⌒_⌒;)

Recently I just quit working at Adonia tea house (I do have another job though) so I have more free time. so here I am attempting to revive this dead blog. I do update more often on tumblr and Facebook though, feel free to follow/add me there (`・ω・´)”


It's a tradition festival in Vancouver that each year around the time of cherry blossoming, there'd be a 2 days festival at Van Dusen garden. This year is the first time me and my sister Sharon attending it,  we only went on the first day.

Here's us when we were in line to purchase ticket


Unfortunately, the flowers arent in full bloom. So this is the only shot I have with them (T▽T)

JSK: Metamorphose
Blouse: Mmangel
Tights: Secret Shop
Shoes: Vivienne Westwood
Headband: Baby the stars shine bright
And here's my sister's outfit that day
JSK: Innocent World
Blouse: Dear Celine
Shoes: Liz Lisa
 

Since the festival majorly focusing on Japanese couture, there was a lot of traditional performance and vendors selling products/food. I was expecting to see some familiar faces of people in the anime/lolita community but to my surprise, we were the only dressed up people there (traditional Japanese clothing doesnt count).
So naturally we attracted a huge amount of attention. The requests for photos were nonstop, we couldn't stop to take a photo by ourselves without a big crowd gathering around.
It's flattering people find us pretty looking, but it's also annoying to a certain level. Like when we posed for our own photos people just snap without asking, and its awkward to pose when so many eyes are fixed on you (/ω\). Another example is when we sat down to eat and chose a more secluded place with our back turned against, people still asking for photo. I find it very rude to disrupt another while they eat (-_-)

Aside from that, I had a lot of fun and was very happy with the positive treatment from everyone. A lot of little kids asked their parents if we were princesses (´ω`★). Some thought we were part of the staffs, well I supposed we acted the part as one of the entertainer of the festival ʘ‿ʘ

I also met some interesting people, like this photographer Mark Montgomery who worked for the festival and took some nice shots of us, also a very friendly person. One of the shot make it to the front page of a small online Japan newsletter in Vancouver  (^_^) ->  CLICK TO VIEW

A wonderful shot Mark took of us

We were also approached by one of the organizers of Electro Swing Club Vancouver, and he asked us to be a part of their upcoming event Electro Tea Party . So if you are in Vancouver make sure to make some time for the party, its theme is Alice in Wonderland. You won't miss us as we will be at the front door to greet guests at the beginning of the party ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ

On to more of the festival, some photos pf the performance, courtesy of  Mark. He has huge zoom camera lenses, also is more pro than us so of course photos are nicer looking lol
Drum performance
LOL classic shoujo art style
One of the few people in kimonos that day, I love the girl's kimono, so pretty (‘∀’●)♡
Calligraphy
Takoyaki flipping in action.
I feel it's necessary to include this, we missed out on the yumminess due to the longass lineup (;≧皿≦)
There weren't a ton of food vendors, so they are all packed with long lineups( TДT).

Cute Macarons <3

Attempting to out cute the macarons. FAILED


That was it from me from the festival. Thanks for reading (✿◠‿◠)



10 comments:

  1. I missed your posts!
    You look perfect as always :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela MozolováJune 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

    you and your friend looks so cute!!!Love these macarons too *___*

    ReplyDelete
  3.  OMG you are sooo cute!! would you like to follow each other?

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look so cute and elegant! Like models right out of GLB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you both look adorable! Seems you had fun, those festivals are so cool! I wish we had this here ;__; at least as big as other countries have.
    Cute macarons!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty!
    I follow you. :)

    roseandlolita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. U look so lovely. Love your headband <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your sister are so beautiful! \*0*/ It also looked like such a fun event! I noticed you haven't posted in a while; I miss your cute posts so I've nominated/tagged you for the Liebster Blogging Award! I hope you'll participate! http://geishababy.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-liebster-blogging-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post! You look absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so beautiful outfits and perfect location ♥
    there I would also like to

    ReplyDelete